Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Thinking No More

...Doing

A funny thing happened on the way to work today. Nothing.

I woke up this morning and felt pretty good. But I faked it until my coffee cup was empty and my husband left for work before I got out of bed.

I felt pretty good yesterday too. I had to go to the doctor's office to get my pre-surgery lab work done which was a whole lot of sitting. A lot more than I've done in, well, months to be honest. I rode in the car and had lunch with my hubby. I was getting a little uncomfortable at that point but I ate everything on my plate. (My appetite has been a little off.)

Two more pills, and off to the doctor's office where there was maybe another hour of sitting in various exam rooms or waiting rooms. I wished I had come in my bathroom as I had to undress twice and thought it would have been more efficient if I hadn't dressed in the first place*. Even though I had dressed, I was mindful of Buttons On The Underwear because I had to have another x-ray.

Then, back in the car, and home. I was still feeling okay so I thought I would work from a chair instead of the bed and so set up my office in the dining room as hubby was using the den. I worked for a few hours, made dinner, and ate it. (Lasagna, yum.) Hum drum for you maybe. But wild and crazy for this girl.

So this morning I thought I would take a chance and go to work - across the hall to the den. I got dressed and everything. (Not everything. I figure when you work at home, underwear is optional.) And, I worked there all day.

I took a rest at the end of the day, lying down to read my favorite magazine, Real Simple. I'm up now and I'm experiencing some intermittent tingling down my right leg. Not sure what that's about. I'm just hoping it goes away. That could happen, right?

It was a good couple of days but I know better than to get my hopes up for anything more. I've already cried Wolf too many times. I'll have my dinner, and swallow my pills, go to bed, and leave it at that.

*This gives me an idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment