Thursday, January 21, 2010

It'll Be Our Little Secret

I went outside today. And I didn't stop at the mailbox. Nope. I kept going. A beautiful taste of OUTSIDE. Oh, yes.

And I did it right, too. I showered, brushed my teeth, put my hair up and - wait for it - sunglasses. Yessiree. Sunglasses.

It was sunny for little while yesterday and I missed it. I waited and by the time I thought about going outside, it was gone. I wasn't going to let that happen again.

Was it worth it? Hell, yes. I walked to the corner, exchanged niceties with a neighbor and walked all the way to the corner. I could see the lake. So, beautiful it was today.

I wanted to keep going. You don't know how I was tempted. But I turned around. I went back home. With a smile on my face, feeling the sunshine on my neck, the gentlest breeze on my face.

I won't even think about tomorrow. I'm just going to enjoy today.

(I never want to stop walking again.)

No comments:

Post a Comment