Tuesday, January 5, 2010

31 Days To Go

It could actually take longer than 31 days to get relief or I may get no relief at all. But I'm scheduled for surgery February 5 and I'm daring to be hopeful. I only have a few minutes so I'll have to fill in the details later.

I was told I have a better than 50/50 chance of getting some relief from this procedure. About 70% or so. If my symptoms presented more like "sciatica" with pain radiating down my leg, then my chances would be in the 90's somewhere.

I was also told that if 50 people had the surgery and 50 people didn't, all 100 people would be roughly in the same place pain wise a year from now. So, it's still possible that this would get better, given enough time.

I'm not a patient patient. Not patient enough to wait it out another year anyway. I scheduled the surgery.

I have a list of things to do before then. I've already read the materials they gave me about the procedure itself and it's very interesting. I'm looking forward to filling you in on the details. I'm hoping to find some good pictures I can put up so you can see what they're going to do.

But, I've run out of time. Gotta run.

Hard day pain-wise. Pretty good day news-wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment