Friday, January 8, 2010

Smoking Is Lonely

I was going to eat a cookie today over the sink to catch the crumbs. Do you ever do that? But the house cleaners came today and these ladies are professionals. My house has never, ever been so clean. I thought I was a pretty good housekeeper, myself, until these ladies showed up. After seeing what they could do, they proved me to be the amateur that I am.

My stainless steel, double basin kitchen sink was gleaming before me as I went to eat my cookie and I couldn't do it. I didn't want to mess up the sink. Not with crumbs. Not even with water. I have to go outside to eat my cookie now. It's cold out there. It's windy out there. This is what smokers must feel like, shunned from the world of INSIDE.

If I'm not careful, they'll start sweeping outside and make me keep a 25-foot radius from any door or window. It's only a matter of time before I can't eat cookies at all! What is this world coming to?

4 comments:

  1. True. But take it easy on the green don't let the Collective find out - or you'll be sent to Reboot.

    The Colorman was just here - in Seattle, that is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha. You sound just like me. I'd do the same damn thing! Great blog, Lynn. Keep it up:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Laura! I see you on my followers list. Woo hoo! I'm up to three!!

    You're on my follow list - and I'll get a link to your blog up next....

    ReplyDelete