Friday, January 29, 2010

Mostly Red



My husband broke a coffee cup today. It was one of my favorites but then I got to thinking (uh oh) that a coffee mug can say a lot about a person, especially first thing in the morning. I thought it was also a good mood indicator. Sort of like the terror alert colors.

Most of my favorite coffee cups are red - which does not make me a national threat even on my worst day. But they're a pretty good indicator of what kind of mood I'm in.




If you see me drinking from this cup, just turn around and walk away. Don't say anything, just leave.


There's nothing really wrong with this cup and I especially like the duck. But it's not red. It's not one of my favorite cups. If I'm drinking from this cup, I'm in a quiet mood, introspective. Maybe melancholy.


This one strikes a serious pose, doesn't it? It's a take charge, get things done sort of mug. But is has an appeal, striking, simple.


These are my snuggle under a blanket and read a book cups. They're for cold, rainy days when I want to feel cozy.


These are my seasonal mugs. I don't suppose I have to tell you which season.


These are special purpose mugs. They're shaped like a heart if you look at them from above. They're my valentine mugs and it's the XOXO that got broken. These are my flirty mugs so now, unfortunately, I can only be half as flirty.


Sweet! I had to make two to get the right shot. I'll be on a caffein buzz all morning! These are my Work Avoidance mugs. (They're good for blogging.) If I'm drinking from one of these, I'm feeling mischievous.


If you see me drinking from this one, you know it's going to be an all around good day. For me anyway. I have no idea how your day is going to be. These are my favorite books as well.


Editors note: None of these pictures have been retouched.

4 comments:

  1. I see you do not address the "thickness of the lip" on the mugs. Too thick, I dribble - too thin, I break. I have to choose very carefully, so if you catch me looking into the mug before I pour, it's not a statement on the concerns I may have about your cleanliness, but about your thickness. Your thinking buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - I didn't know who you were until the last three words! I agree that dribbling takes away from the coffee experience. Ever notice you're always wearing a white shirt when that happens?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which one is just need caffein fast?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's when you just eat the beans. No cup required.

    ReplyDelete