Saturday, January 16, 2010

I Never Think Alone

(That's why I have you.)

I have a friend who tells me I have a thinking problem. She should know. She's a recovering thinker herself.

I thought I had my thinking under control. I thought I could hide it. That no one knew. But she always knows when I've been thinking. I can never fool her.

I don't know if I can stop. I don't know if I can get through the day without thinking.

I never think before noon. But I guess that's not enough because I think so much in the afternoon that I more than make up for it.

What if I was just a social thinker? You know, only when I'm with friends? They're thinking. Why shouldn't I be thinking, too?

She tells me thinking can be a serious problem and I shouldn'd make light of it. "One think is not enough and two is too many." She's right on the money on that one. I become someone else entirely once I start to thinking.

I promise her I can quit. I'll go cold turkey. I won't think any more. She just shakes her head and tells me it'll never last.

She urges me to take a look at how thinking is affecting my life. My work. I love her. I trust her. But I don't know if I can give up thinking - forever??

In blogdom, she said, I'll meet other thinkers just like me. Thinkers who will share their experiences with thinking. She tells me I'll get better if I share what thinking has done in my life.

I don't know if I believe her. But, for her and the ones I love, I'll try.

I've got to get my thinking under control!

Thank you, friend, for telling me I'm a problem thinker.

Note: I mean no disrespect towards those who think, who have a problem with thinking, or who are trying to quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment