Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Better

Saturday didn't get much better. I had ice packs on all day and ended up taking at least two more Advil. The massage helped but I wasn't going to take any chances. Lying face down can be painful for me even if I'm getting a massage and I did get "stuck" on a massage table once.

The thing is, it doesn't hurt to lie face down. It hurts after I lie face down for any period of time so I don't know I'm going to have a problem - until I do. One time, I had a massage and afterward I had a very hard time getting off the table. Once I did, it was nearly impossible to dress myself. This is a very awkward position to be in when you're naked. By the time I was fully dressed, I was in tears.

This time, I had Hubby come to the massage room when I was done just in case I had any problems. I had some difficulty but I was able to dress myself and my husband's reward was to see me naked so I guess it worked out for both of us.

Sunday, we drove to Portland and I probably did a little too much getting ready - laundry, changing the sheets. A little stiff and sore when we got there and since then I've been keeping a pillow or rolled up towel behind my back.

Yesterday, I went grocery shopping at a Fred Meyer and since it was raining outside, I considered the shopping trip to be my exercise for the day. I walked all around the interior edge of the store before I bought my groceries. It was too much. I was sore and had difficulty carrying my groceries to the car.

So far, today isn't too bad. Then again, all I've done so far today is avoid writing more of my book which is a bummer because I'd like to have 1,000 words done by noon and it's 11:00 am. But this is it, the last of my planned goofing off for today.  I'll make a cup of coffee put a pillow behind my back and get to work.

Damn - how many words was that?

No comments:

Post a Comment