Saturday, November 17, 2012

Anything But Brave

Sorry to report a little back pain today. I guess it's more than a little or I wouldn't bother to post it here. I don't remember my pain level chart (it's here somewhere) but the pain level is high enough that it's very uncomfortable to stand. Sitting is a little better and right now I've got an ice pack on it - the second one for the day. Sometimes walking makes it feel better but I'm not that far along in my day.

I've had four Advil so far - which in the scheme of things isn't much of anything - and I went back to bed and lay down for a while - which you could attribute to any number of things that don't include pain. Like laziness, for example.

I scheduled a massage for later today - I think that will help. In the meantime, I don't plan on doing anything too strenuous. I might even take the laptop to bed with me and do some writing there - which is the origin of this very blog. Hopefully, it won't come to that today but lying down is the only position where I don't feel pain and I won't hesitate to use that strategy.

Not going to try being brave.

No comments:

Post a Comment